9/03/2014

Starting point(e)

So I decided to start a new blog, after spending most of spring and summer not blogging. Splendid idea! And I decided to write it in English. Even better, I'd say!

But I have my reasons. I have wanted to write about ballet from an adult beginner point of view. Have wanted to do so for a while already. And thought that the average knitting/ handicraft blog reader probably wouldn't be so interested in leotards and battements and whathaveU's.

I have taken adult ballet lessons now for some years in a local community college. I took some lessons as a preteen, we just started to take up pointe work, when I quit. Returned to barre in my mid twenties and took one class per week for a bout 4 to 5 years. Then I discovered the ballet blogs in the interned and really got the spark for the stuff. I think I was reading Johannas blog, when I realized I too could take more than one class per week! I really should thank her for that, who knows how long it would have taken me otherwise to get this grand idea. (Yes, it's perfectly ok to roll your eyes at this point, I am!) They don't say that people from Häme are slow for nothing! Ha-ha!

And so about a two years ago I took a second ballet class in my weekly schedule. In a half year I made so much progress that it was almost intoxicating. So naturally it followed that a 3rd class was added to my weekly routine. This fall I also registered for a shorter pointe work course. I have done some pointe work on a unregular base in my current classes, but this one will be the first time I'll be really focusing on it. Can't wait for it to start! I'm both exited and horrified! Super fun combination, right?
Yeah, I wish!!
Picture from here 
So here it beginneth. To the pointe!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to do that, but I'm not currently using GFC, and have no idea where to start whit it! :) Maybe if get round to it some day...

    ReplyDelete

Please, share your thoughts. All comments are valued, to the pointe or just of topic ;D